<data:blog.pageTitle/> <data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/>
Home
Rokeby Bistro Cafe: Gourmet Australian Cuisine in Jalan Riang




Rokey Bistro Cafe is a quaint little shophouse nestled amongst the quiet Jalan Riang estate and they serve up a unique Australian menu that will delight heavy meat eaters. 

Seeing as my dining partner and I aren't heavy meat eaters, we opted for something simpler instead. 


Truffled Parmesan Fries 8.90

Truffle fries are now a must-have on every Western menu so it's not surprising to see Rokeby offering it too. What surprised us was how terrific the fries tasted! They drizzled a generous portion of truffle oil over the fries, so each fry was fragrant and crisp. It's one of those "fight-for-the-last-fry" fries quality. Definitely a value-for-money must-try!





Freo's Fish 'n' Chips 16.90

The fish and chips here is on the pricey side, but this piece of beer-battered fish is the flakiest, freshest and sweetest I've ever tasted. The batter wasn't too thick, and it was a case of crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. Excellent indeed. 



Mushroom Aglio Olio 14.90

The mushroom aglio olio is my go-to for simple pasta dishes. Albeit on the spicy side, this pasta is cooked al dente and flavourful. You can choose the spicy level, I picked the lowest but it still took me many water breaks to finish it. 




Full Monty Brekkie 18.90

It's been a long time since I sat down to a proper full big breakfast kind of brunch, and this one was yummy! The hashbrown was so crispy and fragrant that it elicited an "oooohhhh" from us when we dug in happily. Eggs were creamy and smooth, and the mushrooms were especially fragrant and juicy. It's a huge portion so if you're a small eater, best to share. 



In a Nutshell

Verdict: 4.5/5
Price Point: $$
Thumbs Up: The truffle fries!
To Improve: Lighting, the place is not conducive for photo taking haha!
Will I return: Oh definitely!
Why: Best place for truffle fries, besides Habitat Cafe. 




Rokeby
15-9 Jalan Riang
Singapore 358987
Phone: 9106 0437 

Mon: Closed
Tue to Fri:  11am-10pm
Sat: 9am-10pm
Sun: 9am-930pm

Labels: , , , ,


Older Post | Newer Post

ABOUT ME


"The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating it." Hi! My name is Sarahh and I love to eat. Hop on to my blog for an exciting journey with me.

CONTACT


Email:dream-oracle@hotmail.com

Subscribe via RSS Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to Flickr Facebook Subscribe to Tumblr

Subscribe via Email

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Curiouser and Curiouser ?

ADS

The Besty

Search

Archives

Copyright

Creative Commons License
All work on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.