<data:blog.pageTitle/> <data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/>
Home
Arbite: Where East Meets West

Arbite is situated on the second level of a shophouse in Serangoon Gardens. I dubbed this area the Sleepy Village, as the habitants seem to rouse only nearer to noon and the entire place is so self-sucfficient they can walk over for brunch in their sleep wear. 



Fries of the Month: Salted Egg Fries $6


Salted Eggs Fries looked promising and it was a nice change from the usual truffle fries. 
I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something about this that is quite lacking. 
Firstly, the salted egg flavour wasn't particularly distinct. 
Secondly, the fries were over-fried, resulting in a biscuit-like texture with no potato flavour. 
While I apreciate the innovation, it would be better if the chefs would finetune the recipes before serving it to the customers. 



Miso Tagliatelle $18
Tagliatelle, honshimeiji mushrooms, sundried tomatoes 
and spring onions topped with tempura prawns

This dish piqued by interest but my heart dropped when it arrived. 
I'm sure everyone has had tempura before, and we all know that's not how a properly done ebi tempura looks like. If it wasn't for the tail, I wouldn't have know that was a prawn. The batter was so thick that I literally peeled off the entire coating and left it uneaten. 

The quality of the prawn hidden inside was sooooo delicious, sweet and juicy yet the chef couldn't make use of the excellent ingredient to make a decent tempura. 
The pasta here was mushy and the sauce was quickly soaked up, so towards the end, it became a battle of eating dry overcooked mushy pasta. 
Sigh, such a disappointment. 




XO Duck Tagliatelle $16
Tagliatelle, duck breast, xo chilli sauce, sugar snaps and corn kernels 

I was extremely interested in this dish, and the appearance was a tad surprising. 
This XO duck is quite spicy, and it somewhat felt like I was eating my coffeeshop duck kuay teow dry with lots of chilli. I think my dining partner found it too spicy and had to take repeated breaks, it's definiely not a dish for the faint-hearted. My only problem here was the pasta was overcooked too. Marrs the whole experience. 




In a Nutshell

Verdict: 3/5
Price Point: $$
Thumbs Up: Creativity, ambience
To Improve:  The idea of fusion is good, but the skills ought to be brushed up. 
Will I return: Yes and no
Why: Yes for ambience and chilling, no because it seemed so promising, but the food was disappointing.




66A Serangoon Garden Way, Singapore 555962. 
Tel: 62870430
Fax: 6287 0434
Email: mail@arbite.com.sg

We are open:
Tue – Fri, 11.30 am – 3.00 pm, 6.00pm - 10.30pm
Sat – Sun 11.00 am – 10.30 pm 
Last Order at 2.30 pm & 9.30 pm 
(Sun 9.00pm)

Closed on Mondays

Labels: , , , ,


Older Post | Newer Post

ABOUT ME


"The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating it." Hi! My name is Sarahh and I love to eat. Hop on to my blog for an exciting journey with me.

CONTACT


Email:dream-oracle@hotmail.com

Subscribe via RSS Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to Flickr Facebook Subscribe to Tumblr

Subscribe via Email

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Curiouser and Curiouser ?

ADS

The Besty

Search

Archives

Copyright

Creative Commons License
All work on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.