<data:blog.pageTitle/> <data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/>
Home
Sumiya Charcoal Grill & Izakaya: Affordable Lunch Sets



I've always thought Sumiya was an expensive Japanese restaurant and I wouldn't be able to afford dining here. Until I heard about their very affordable lunch set deals! 

Available until 2.30pm daily, they have a range of more budget options to more splurge-worthy sets to cater to the different wallet sizes. 



NI ANAGO DON ($16.80)
simmered conger eel on rice

My dining partner picked the unagi bowl and we were pleasantly surprised to see the bowl covered with three pieces of unagi. Oh yum yum. There was no hint of the fishy taste that unagi usually has, on the contrary it's well flavoured, soft and extremely delicious. 



MIX BARA KAISEN DON ($18.80)
assorted seafood sashimi chunks on rice

I picked the Kaisen Don which is a bowl of sushi rice topped with avocado and myriad of fresh sashimi cubes tossed in soy sauce and fish roe. I doubt you can get the same amount for this value elsewhere. There were lots of sashimi cubes and I regretfully dropped a piece on the floor!!! The bowl was too full, and I was trying to scoop up some rice, oh well... 

Oh and don't even for a moment think that the set dishes aren't delicious. The chawanmushi took me back to my childhood Daimaru Japanese restaurant chawanmushi times, it was silky smooth and just the right consistency and flavour. Pickles are a nice pick-me-up, while the salad wasn't a wow moment, the miso soup was heartwarming. They even have enoki mushrooms inside! Last but not least, the dessert of green tea mochi was superb. 

Sumiya is located on the highest level of Orchard Central, combining awesome view and awesome food together.  


In a Nutshell

Verdict: 5/5
Price Point: $$
Thumbs Up:  Jap izakaya style decor, level 12 store location offers great view too!
To Improve: The table legs are all in the center, kinda blocks the legs a little. 
Will I return: Yes yes yes!
Why: The sashimi is sooooo fresh, and the portion is really value for money!






ORCHARD CENTRAL
#12-02, 181 Orchard Road,
Singapore 238896
(formerly known as Kuriya Penthouse)



OPERATING HOURS
Lunch 12:00 to 3pm 
(Last Order at 2:30pm)
Dinner: 6:00pm to 10:30pm 
(Last Order at 10pm)
Opens daily


Labels: , , , ,


Older Post | Newer Post

ABOUT ME


"The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating it." Hi! My name is Sarahh and I love to eat. Hop on to my blog for an exciting journey with me.

CONTACT


Email:dream-oracle@hotmail.com

Subscribe via RSS Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to Flickr Facebook Subscribe to Tumblr

Subscribe via Email

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Curiouser and Curiouser ?

ADS

The Besty

Search

Archives

Copyright

Creative Commons License
All work on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.