<data:blog.pageTitle/> <data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/>
Home
Ravello: A Piece of Italy in Singapore


Continuing my food hopping exploration of delicious food in Singapore, I was introduced to this quaint little restaurant nestled in Serangoon. This area is a treasure trove of delightful yummies. 




I was immediately impressed with Ravello because the server was very knowledgeable about the menu, and the plates and bread were both still warm. This attention to detail is not something that most places take note of, so it's a pleasant surprise. The warm crusty bread dipped in the olive oil and balsamic vinegar mixture was very comforting and heartwarming, definitely a great start to a wonderful meal. 



Fritto Napoli ($19)
Neapolitan style, deep fried mix of prawns,
calamari and white bite salt and pepper

We ordered an appetizer to try, and this dish blew us away. 
We tried a similar one at La Nonna but this one just sealed the deal. If I thought that was pretty good, this one is more awesome. They also served it up with an Arrabbiata sauce but this one tasted more  like house-made sauce instead of something that came out of the bottle. There was garlic, herbs, tomatoes, spices and it made me want to mop it all up with the springy calamari. The prawn was huge and it was fresh and flavourful. There's a very nice bite to the calamari and prawns, the batter wasn't too overwhelming so it was suitably crispy while retaining the seafood's original sweetness and moisture. 
What really blew me away was the fact this costed the same price as the calamari dish from La Nonna, and I think this one is much more value for money. 



Linguine alle Vongole Veraci ($19)
Linguine tossed in white wine, parsley,
garlic EVOO and fresh Clams

I love a good Vongole pasta so this is one dish I will always try if they have it on the menu. 
I like that the clams are small but meaty, and they have a generous portion of them scattered in the plate. The linguine was cooked al dente which provided a nice chewy bite to it. The white wine sauce was thick and very rich. It was such a pleasure to slurp up the linguine with the fragrant sauce. 




Tonnarelli Ingarbugliati ($24)
Black ink squid spaghetti with seafood
in tomato sauce

I am usually not a fan of tomato-based pasta dishes, but I think this dish might have changed my mind. It had that distinctly sweetness of tomatoes, but it's also infused with the sweetness of the seafood so there's a balance. This is also slightly spicy, kinda like the Arrabbiata sauce in the calamari dish earlier. The squid ink pasta was also cooked al dente and very chewy. My only gripe was that it's normal spaghetti and not other types of pasta like rigatoni or manicotti. Maybe can request...




Pappardelle allo Stracotto di Capretto ($25)
9 hours slow-braised Goat Meat sauce with flat pasta

This dish is a fragrant fragrant one that captured my heart the moment it was served. 
The pappardelle has been soaked in this lovely, salty broth that is both meaty, cheesy and extremely flavourful. It is certainly easy to slurp all of this up when it tastes so delicious. There is also a very homely flavour to this dish, like something your grandmother will cook for you on a cold winter day while she sits across you and watches you dig in. This dish, might just be my favourite item out of all that I've tried.  


**
If you go during lunch on Tuesday - Sunday and is a UOB card holder, there is a 1-for-1 promotion!



In a Nutshell


Verdict: 4/5
Price Point: $$$
Thumbs Up: Lovely ambience, authentic Italian cuisine.
To Improve: Maybe more PR, because good food must be shared!
Will I return: Yes yes yes!
Why: The service is warm and sincere, the food is amazing. Perfect place to satisfy your Italian food craving.









Ravello:

Opens: Tuesday to Sunday



Lunch 11.30 am - 2.00 pm

Dinner 6.00 pm - 10.30 pm
We are closed Mondays
________________________

14B Kensington Park Road
Serangoon Garden Estate
Singapore 557265

6287 7330

enquiries@ravello.com.sg


Labels: , , ,


Older Post | Newer Post

ABOUT ME


"The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating it." Hi! My name is Sarahh and I love to eat. Hop on to my blog for an exciting journey with me.

CONTACT


Email:dream-oracle@hotmail.com

Subscribe via RSS Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to Flickr Facebook Subscribe to Tumblr

Subscribe via Email

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Curiouser and Curiouser ?

ADS

The Besty

Search

Archives

Copyright

Creative Commons License
All work on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.