<data:blog.pageTitle/> <data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/>
Home
Platypus Lobster Shack: East-Coast Style Lobster Rolls


Wayyyy before the lobster roll craze began, it turns out I've already tried them at Boston Seafood Shack. Now that the lobster roll craze is in full swing, I decided to try out some of the more pocket-friendly versions at Platypus Lobster Shack. The Platypus group has a couple of restaurants, one of which is the Platypus Kitchen situated in Bugis Junction. It has started to serve up some of the lobster rolls as well. So if you can't get a reservation at the Lobster Shack, maybe you can try your luck at the Platypus Kitchen. Though I should warn you first, they don't have all the flavours available. 



CRUSTACEAN BOWL (19 / 26)
Uni creme, butter-poached lobster, Japonica rice, honey ponzu,caviar, char-grilled cheddar cheese, sesame, chervil - Limited to 12 bowls each day -


This started out as an appetitzer dish, but it was so popular that the people at Platypus decided to create an option to order this as the main. 

This is one bowl of umami goodness, the succulent lobster flesh paired with the creamy goodness of torched cheese melting in your mouth is just... pure heaven. 
I could gobble up the whole bowl by myself, the rice had already soaked in the flavours and it was a beautiful blend of flavours and textures exploding in your mouth. This is something I will order again next time I return. Too much goodness in a bowl. 



The lobster rolls are all priced at an affordable $19.90 if you only want the roll, and $22.90 for a set of chips and salad.




The first picture was taken at Lobster Shack and the second was at Platypus Kitchen. 
The butter poached lobster meat was fresh and succulent, and I like how the bun is lightly toasted so it's warm and crisp. Truffle chips and fries were so-so, but the salad had a burst of tangy zest to wake up your tastebuds and give your tongue a little break from the food. 




Without the mayo, you can really taste the lobster, unfortunately my lobster all came in tiny little pieces and I couldn't really taste the fresh bite of the lobster meat. Looks like The Traditional had more chunky pieces of lobster meat! 





This also looked fabulous and the burnt cheddar added another layer of texture and flavour to it. 



Verdict: 4/5

This is a place I will definitely return to if I have a craving for lobster rolls. 








PLATYPUS LOBSTER SHACK
China Square
3 Pickering Street
Nankin Row #01-31
Singapore 048660

+65 6438 7961

Mon - Thurs, 5:30pm – 10pm
Fri, 5:30pm – 11pm
Sat, 5:30pm - 11pm
Sundays, closed




PLATYPUS KITCHEN

Bugis Junction
200 Victoria Street
#03-29 Bugis Junction
Singapore 188021

Daily
12noon — 10pm
Phone: +65 6333 4434
Parking: Bugis Junction (yellow zone)

Labels: , , , ,


Older Post | Newer Post

ABOUT ME


"The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating it." Hi! My name is Sarahh and I love to eat. Hop on to my blog for an exciting journey with me.

CONTACT


Email:dream-oracle@hotmail.com

Subscribe via RSS Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to Flickr Facebook Subscribe to Tumblr

Subscribe via Email

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Curiouser and Curiouser ?

ADS

The Besty

Search

Archives

Copyright

Creative Commons License
All work on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.