<data:blog.pageTitle/> <data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/>
Home
Nara Thai: Authentic Thai Dining in Singapore



Nara Thai is one of my most dependable go-to places to settle my Thai food craving. 
The ambience is nice, the food is nice, even the service is impeccable!
Voted as Thailand's Number 1 Restaurant since 2007, it's no wonder snaking long queues are always seen outside the restaurant during dinner time. After hearing so much about it, it's only logical that I go and try it out, afterall, who doesn't like Thai food?



ส้มตำ กุ้ง, หมูกรอบ
Som Tom Kung /
Moo Krob
Spicy Papaya Salad with
Prawns / Pork Crackling

This is actually my second visit to Nara Thai, the first being a failed attempt at capturing photos because I forgot to bring my SD card hahaha! So yes, second time round I am more vigilant. The Som Tom was really refreshing, crunchy vegetables and fresh springy prawns. The prawns really make you want to go back for more, it's so plump and juicy!



ต้มยำ กุ้ง
Tom Yum Kung
River Prawns in Spicy
Lemongrass and Lime Soup

One should never miss the chance to taste the Tom Yum Kung whenever one is in a Thai restaurant. 
This soup really hits the spot. 
It's spicy, tangy, robust and flavourful. 
All the factors needed for a kickass Tom Yum Kung. 





ไก่ห่อใบเตย
Gai Hor Bai Toei
Pandan Chicken

Pandan Chicken was nice, but I wouldn't say its spectacular. 
The chicken was tender and well-marinated. 



ปลากะพงเจ้าสัว
Pla Kra Pong Chao Sua
Fried Whole Sea Bass with Pickled 
Garlic, Peppercorn and Herbs

My favourite part about visiting Thai restaurants has always been because...
they serve the biggest and freshest sea bass ever. 
My fondest memories of eating at Thai restaurants has always been about the sea bass. 
The meat is sweet and tender and oh so fresh. It's deep-fried to a gorgeous golden brown and paired with the peppery-herby sauce, I think I just died and went to fish heaven. Sea bass, SO GOOD. 






Verdict: 4/5

I will most definitely be back to try the other dishes, most notably the boat noodle soup. 
There wasn't anymore space left for dessert, but that fish..was just too good to be missed. 





ION Orchard
2 Orchard Turn, #B3-21
Singapore 238801

Tel: +65 6634 5787

Labels: , , , ,


Older Post | Newer Post

ABOUT ME


"The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating it." Hi! My name is Sarahh and I love to eat. Hop on to my blog for an exciting journey with me.

CONTACT


Email:dream-oracle@hotmail.com

Subscribe via RSS Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to Flickr Facebook Subscribe to Tumblr

Subscribe via Email

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Curiouser and Curiouser ?

ADS

The Besty

Search

Archives

Copyright

Creative Commons License
All work on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.