<data:blog.pageTitle/> <data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/>
Home
Thong Lor - Thai Food @ Djitsu Ang Mo Kio


I saw this fairly new Thai establishment at Djitsun Ang Mo Kio and decided to skip my favourite hawker center behind for this restaurant. They serve a myraid of Thai food and also Thai mookata. 
Seeing how my favourite neighbourhood Thai food place is Nakhon, I was excited to see if I can add another jaunt to my list. 



PANDAN CHICKEN

This looks so promising but... 


WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CHICKEN!!!!
Massive case of shrinkage here.
While it has a slightly interesting smoky flavour, the size of the chicken is SMALL UNTIL I CANNOT.



NAKHON VS THONGLOR


Both come with 4 pieces of chicken BUT look at the huge discrepancy in size. Obviously you can get more value for money at Nakhon,(and they also taste fab) which is now available almost everywhere. 





GREEN CURRY CHICKEN


I was looking forward to this but sadly this has no kick. I also prefer the chicken to be in chunks rather than a whole drumstick, it's rather hard to eat the chicken with the curry while having to debone it. This curry is also too watery for my liking. Sadly I also prefer the version at Nakhon, packs more heat, is of thicker consistency and feels more shiok. The saddest thing is my in-law's maid can make an even better green curry than Thonglor's watered down version. Time to up your game man,



OLIVE FRIED RICE

This was one of the better olive fried rice I've had recently, but somehow the prawns tasted a little undercooked. If not for the undercooked prawns, I would say this olive fried rice is a little above Nakhon's standard. More refined and this definitely makes you think of Thailand.




In a Nutshell

Verdict: 3/5
Price Point: $$
Thumbs Up: Olive fried rice was good.
To Improve: Green curry is too watery. That pandan chicken portion is pathetically small.  
Will I return: No
Why: I think Nakhon has better tasting food at lower prices. 




Labels: , , ,


Older Post | Newer Post

ABOUT ME


"The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating it." Hi! My name is Sarahh and I love to eat. Hop on to my blog for an exciting journey with me.

CONTACT


Email:dream-oracle@hotmail.com

Subscribe via RSS Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to Flickr Facebook Subscribe to Tumblr

Subscribe via Email

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Curiouser and Curiouser ?

ADS

The Besty

Search

Archives

Copyright

Creative Commons License
All work on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.