<data:blog.pageTitle/> <data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/>
Home
Tonkichi - Tonkatsu With A View



I've long heard about Tonkichi and have always wanted to try it. 
Not sure why I never got down to it til recently. 
If you use the JPassport app for food discounts and deals, you'll notice they offer some promotions from time to time. 
USE THEM. 
hahahaha! 

That is the story of how I ended up at Tonkichi for an early dinner. 



MENTAIKO KASANE KATSU SET $28

When I saw that they have Mentaiko, I decided I must try it. 
After I had Tampopo's version of mentaiko tonkatsu, I decide I should try this to see who does it better. 
There is alot of mentaiko stuffed between the fillet, which is quite satisfying I must say. The tonkatsu is crispy, juicy, everything a tonkatsu should be. 

The set meal comes with refillable rice and cabbage, miso soup, pickles, and fruit. 
My only gripe is their sesame salad dressing is meh. No body or fragrance whatsoever. 
Saboten has a much delicious salad dressing in comparison. 
There is also no fresh sesame for you to grind and pair with the tonkatsu sauce. 



KATSU TOJI $24









I was quite impressed with this dish, despite being drenched in this special soy sauce and coated with egg, the tonkatsu remained super cripsy all the way til the end! 
It was flavourful, cripsy, egg, meaty. 
Eveything a good Katsu Toji should be. 

Overall I think Tonkichi did a decent job, but I think it's not as mindblowingly good as their reputation seems to suggest. Off the top of my head I can list a couple of my favourite tonkatsu places that can probably do an equally good, if not better job than Tonkichi. 

But they do have an awesome view overlooking Center Point and I love the atmosphere, a good choice for dates. 




In a Nutshell

Verdict: 3.5/5
Price Point: $$$
Thumbs Up: Great atmosphere, impeccable service
To Improve:  That sesame dressing was super uninspiring 
Will I return: Possibly
Why: The food is not mindblowing, but its good enough and the window seat is awesome



Labels: , , ,


Older Post | Newer Post

ABOUT ME


"The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating it." Hi! My name is Sarahh and I love to eat. Hop on to my blog for an exciting journey with me.

CONTACT


Email:dream-oracle@hotmail.com

Subscribe via RSS Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to Flickr Facebook Subscribe to Tumblr

Subscribe via Email

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Curiouser and Curiouser ?

ADS

The Besty

Search

Archives

Copyright

Creative Commons License
All work on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.