<data:blog.pageTitle/> <data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/>
Home
Ah Bong's Italian - Affordable Sincere Italian Food

I've heard about Ah Bong's on the grape vine for a while and being the Italian food lover, of course I must visit! They change their menu everyday and come up with some new dish every other day, so this is good for the average diner who craves excitement in their food. 

I went to their Tiong Bahru branch first and was so blown away that I repeatedly went back to their Tan Quee Lan branch after that. 
WHY SO ADDICTIVE! 



BIRTHDAY PASTA  $7/$9
roasted broccoli pesto, black pig bacon, chilli

This is like crack. 
Seriously. 
Love the old school plates, and super love this mildly spicy pesto. 
I love penne because of the texture, and I think the pesto went perfectly with it. 
There's a kinda smoky, spicy, creamy flavour to it that not only is it extremely pleasing, it also tempts you back for more. 



TRUFFLED MAC AND CHEESE $7
black pig bacon, mushrooms, truffle oil 

So cheesy, though the cheese lovers could argue that there could be even more cheese! 
The skinny pasta provided a good bite and my dining partner enjoyed this dish very much. 



CRABBY MAC AND CHEESE $13
crab, mushroom, cheese sauce

The chefs at Ah Bong's are never stingy with their cheese, and whatever liao they decide to put in the pasta. It's actually a fairly big portion so you can consider sharing, so as to make space for more sio bak and other to-share dishes! 


FLYING DRAGON $12
orecchiette, phuay leng, mushroom, chorizo


This is a very pleasing dish, the phuay leng adding a touch of local uniqueness to the dish while also lending a lighter flavour to complement the chorizo. I also love this type of pasta! 



PESTO  $12
basil pesto, shitake, pine nuts

This Pesto is so slurpingly good, the pine nuts were extremely fragrant. 
There was a generous amount of shitake mushroom slices inside, all coated with creamy pesto. 
Their pesto is made fresh everyday so if you love pesto, grab it when it's on the menu!



ALMOST THERE PORK BELLY $12
(only available at Tan Quee Lan)

This is on their To Share menu at their new branch at TQL. 
It usually goes for $12 but I got it at $10 because they accidentally burnt it a little. 
Sio bak is sio bak, Burnt or not, I'll take whatever I can get. 

This is pretty delicious , crispy crackly skin with juicy meat. 
It's practically singing in my mouth! Would be even more perfect if there's mustard to go with it. 





In a Nutshell

Verdict: 4/5
Price Point: $$
Thumbs Up: Fresh food, ever changing menu and sincere service
To Improve:  Offer mustard for sio bak? 
Will I return: YES!
Why: SIO BAK! and that super addictive Birthday Pasta! 



Labels: , , ,


Older Post | Newer Post

ABOUT ME


"The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating it." Hi! My name is Sarahh and I love to eat. Hop on to my blog for an exciting journey with me.

CONTACT


Email:dream-oracle@hotmail.com

Subscribe via RSS Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to Flickr Facebook Subscribe to Tumblr

Subscribe via Email

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Curiouser and Curiouser ?

ADS

The Besty

Search

Archives

Copyright

Creative Commons License
All work on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.