<data:blog.pageTitle/> <data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/>
Home
Legendary Hong Kong

With Jurong Point becoming a foodie hub, boasting Korean, Japanese, Malaysian and Hong Kong food all under one roof, it's hard not to be intrigued by this MongKok Street with its flashing neon signs that's designed to make you feel like you're in HK. 


We decided to have an early dinner at Legendary Hong Kong to see if the food really feels like HK.
If you go at odd timings, they have a tea specials that makes your money worthwhile. 


Congee with Century Egg & Shredded Pork ($6.80)


We ordered a porridge from their tea specials and it came with a plate of you tiao (fried fritters). It's a huge bowl of porridge and if you intend to try lots of dim sum, it''ll be good to share this. 

This congee is going up on my list of favourite congee. Silky smooth with thin shreds of pork, it glides down your throat like a dream. If you're someone who likes a good porridge, this is one reliable place you can count on to fix that congee craving. And yes, this congee is on par with the one I had in HK. 




 [Siew Mai]Steamed Pork Dumplings ($5)

Also ordered the usual dim sum suspects, siew mai and [Har Kau]Steamed Shrimp Dumplings ($5.50 ){not in picture}because how can a dim sum place not do these two classic dishes well right? I love how meaty the siew mai is and the har kau's skin is so thin that you can almost hear the succulent prawn go crunch in your mouth. This definitely hits the spot. 




Sauteed Turnip Cake with XO Sauce ($5.50)

Last but not least, we ordered a XO Carrot Cake to share and this is definitely hands down one of the best and cheapest XO Carrot Cake I've ever had. It's got a substantial amount of egg which I love and the wok hei factor is strong in this place of carrot cake. 

This place scores on all the dishes I tried and I am especially enamored with the silky smooth congee. It's so hard to find a good congee in Singapore but this one really hits the spot. They have plenty more interesting dishes that I will definitely come back to try, and I suggest you do that too. :)




In a Nutshell

Verdict: 4/5
Price Point: $$
Thumbs Up: Delicious and affordable dim sum
To Improve: Yellow lighting meh
Will I return: YES!
Why: Satisfies the craving for HK dimsum but without the HK cha chan teng crowd. 







63 Jurong West Central 3
Provisional Unit #03-80
Jurong Point 2 Shopping Center
S 64833

OPENING HOURS:
Mon – Fri: 11am – 10pm
Sat, Sun & PH: 10am – 10pm


Labels: , , , ,


Older Post | Newer Post

ABOUT ME


"The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating it." Hi! My name is Sarahh and I love to eat. Hop on to my blog for an exciting journey with me.

CONTACT


Email:dream-oracle@hotmail.com

Subscribe via RSS Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to Flickr Facebook Subscribe to Tumblr

Subscribe via Email

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Curiouser and Curiouser ?

ADS

The Besty

Search

Archives

Copyright

Creative Commons License
All work on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.