<data:blog.pageTitle/> <data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/>
Home
Riders Cafe - Chillin' in the Wilds

Rise and shine on a lovely weekend morning, we've decided to have a little adventure by venturing into the ulu parts of Singapore to look at horses and try some yummy food. I like that Riders Cafe is so ulu that it's nestled in greenery, and looking out of the cafe window, you can see the horse stables. Everywhere you walk, you may bump into people riding or just the caretakers taking the horses out for a walk. It's so idyllic that time seemed to have come to a standstill.
 Riders Cafe is in a world of its own. 



HOUSE TRUFFLE FRIES ($10)

I thought the fries looked plain and unassuming when they arrived, until I caught a whiff of the aromatic truffle oil. They say never judge a plate of fries by its appearance and this saying definitely applies here. They weren't stingy with the truffle oil and every piece of fries was drenched in it, but most importantly they didn't go overboard with it and turn the fries soggy. This has gone up on my top 3 plates of truffle fries




THE USUAL ($16)
two eggs, bacon, breakfast bangers, mushrooms, tomatoes, rustic bread

I haven't had a good hearty big breakfast for ages, and usually I can't find a cafe version that I enjoy a lot. This was quite well done, I especially love the eggs and mushrooms. It's mind boggling how many cafes are unable to make a good scrambled egg and I'm often left thinking that I can do a better job. Thankfully the people at Riders are good at making eggs, these were so creamy and smooth, full of eggy goodness. The bangers weren't my favourite but overall it was yummy. I actually finished everything on my plate. That's how much I liked it. 




Homemade Sausages & Cremè Fraîche Scrambled Eggs ($17)
leek-potato rosti, harissa hollandaise

The rosti were unexpectedly good! I thought the addition of rosti was a nice touch, and it was something different from the usual. We didn't expect the sausages to come in round flat pieces too haha, but that has no bearing on the taste. My dining partner enjoyed this dish very much. 





In a Nutshell

Verdict: 4/5
Price Point: $$$
Thumbs Up: Good quality, hearty brunch
To Improve:  Install aircon. or have stronger fans? It's really quite warm.
Will I return: Yes (but only if someone drives me, it's super ulu)
Why: Because good food wins hearts. 







Riders Cafe
51 Fairways Dr, 286965
6466 9819



Labels: , , , ,


Older Post | Newer Post

ABOUT ME


"The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating it." Hi! My name is Sarahh and I love to eat. Hop on to my blog for an exciting journey with me.

CONTACT


Email:dream-oracle@hotmail.com

Subscribe via RSS Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to Flickr Facebook Subscribe to Tumblr

Subscribe via Email

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Curiouser and Curiouser ?

ADS

The Besty

Search

Archives

Copyright

Creative Commons License
All work on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.