<data:blog.pageTitle/> <data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/>
Home
Phan-Khom: Comtemporary Thai Cuisine

Stumbled upon Phan-Khom while exploring Central World. The bright  natural lighting and high ceilings looked extremely inviting so we decided to settle our lunch here. 



STIR-FRIED NOODLE WITH BEEF IN SOY SAUCE ( 125 BAHT )



This reminds me of our Char Kuay Teow but... I prefer Char Kuay Teow to this. 
This lacks wok hei, and it's a tad too sweet and mild to my liking. 



DEEP FRIED CHICKEN WINGS STUFFED WITH LEMON GRASS ( 130 BAHT)


These looked good, but it was only so - so.
There was a mild hint of lemongrass but the meat was mostly tasteless.




POO JA
DEEP FRIED MINCED PORK AND CRAB MEAT IN CRAB SHELL
SERVED IN SWEET PLUM SAUCE ( 155 BAHT )


This is my favourite.
The stuffed crab meat and minced pork is full of flavour, crispy on the outside, soft and moist on the inside. In fact, this reminds me of our hei zou dish found in zi char stalls. This is a winner.





In a Nutshell

Verdict: 3/5
Price Point: $$
Thumbs Up: The crab meat dish! 
To Improve: The other dishes lacked oomph
Will I return: Maybe, if I'm in the area, I'll try their other dishes. 
Why: Food is not mindblowing and this is Bangkok we're talking about, so many other places to explore! 




Labels: , , , , ,


Older Post | Newer Post

ABOUT ME


"The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating it." Hi! My name is Sarahh and I love to eat. Hop on to my blog for an exciting journey with me.

CONTACT


Email:dream-oracle@hotmail.com

Subscribe via RSS Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to Flickr Facebook Subscribe to Tumblr

Subscribe via Email

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Curiouser and Curiouser ?

ADS

The Besty

Search

Archives

Copyright

Creative Commons License
All work on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.