<data:blog.pageTitle/> <data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/>
Home
Hong Kong: Tim Ho Wan @ Central MTR


Tim Ho Wan is a name many Singaporeans are familiar with. With various branches opening up in Singapore, we can satisfy your craving anytime without flying to Hong Kong. Yet many of us are still joining the crazy mad queues in Hong Kong for this, for two very simple reasons. 
It's delicious and it's insanely cheap.


Baked Char Siew Bun

The signature dish. 
This is 10x better than the one we had in Singapore. Partly contributed by the fact it's also extremely cheap. I like the crispy outer layer and the salty-sweet balance of char siew inside. The Singapore version tends to be a little on the sweet side, but this version here in Hong Kong is more balanced. 


Black Bean Steamed Pork Ribs

Hello pork ribs! This was juicy, tender and delicious. 



Carrot Cake

This is another of my favourite dish here at Tim Ho Wan. I like that the carrot cake is slightly charred so there's a crispy contrast to the softness inside. Very flavourful, more so if you pair it with their chili sauce. That chilli sauce is the bomb man, it elevated the taste of the carrot cake to this point-of-no-return level. No other dim sun style carrot cake can ever beat this now. 



Shrimp Dunplings {Har Kau}

I always order har kau at a dim sum place, it's my benchmark test for any dim sum restaurant. If you can do the har kau well, you can do the rest of the dishes well. This did not disappoint, the skin and shrimp didn't fall apart (yay!) and the shrimp was huge. Huge and crunchy. I'm in dim sum heaven.  



Shrimp Rice Roll {Chee Cheong Fan}

The rice roll is thin and the shrimps are fat and juicy! Not a fan of the sauce, not sure if it's cause we poured the wrong sauce hmm.. 



Shrimp Wonton & Black Fungus Soup


This was just so-so, nothing extremely special to shout about. 




In a Nutshell

Verdict: 4/5
Price Point: $$
Thumbs Up: Baked buns & carrot cake! 
To Improve: Bigger shop, it was so packed! 
Will I return: Yes! 
Why: The food is satisfyingly good, next time I'll head to their main branch!




Tim Ho Wan 
添好運點心專門店



Labels: , , , , , ,


Older Post | Newer Post

ABOUT ME


"The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating it." Hi! My name is Sarahh and I love to eat. Hop on to my blog for an exciting journey with me.

CONTACT


Email:dream-oracle@hotmail.com

Subscribe via RSS Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to Flickr Facebook Subscribe to Tumblr

Subscribe via Email

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Curiouser and Curiouser ?

ADS

The Besty

Search

Archives

Copyright

Creative Commons License
All work on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.