<data:blog.pageTitle/> <data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/>
Home
Tonkatsu by Ma Maison



At Tonkatsu by Ma Maison, every set meal comes with free flow cabbage, rice and tonjiru. 
You can have two choices of rice - white or multi-grain. I was recommended the white rice by the English-speaking Japanese waitress. The rice is superb, very fragrant and tasty. It's the kind where you can drizzle shoyu and heartily gobble it down without any other side dishes. 

Cabbage is free flow, and there are quite a number of salad dressing you can add to it. They have the standard Japanese Sesame Dressing, Sweet Sauce and Spicy Sauce. To add a little more excitement to your salad, one can opt to grind some fresh sesame onto it, much like the sesame grinder they have in Ippudo. 

Tonjiru is a type of broth that comes with a variety of ingredients such as carrots, radish, leeks, minced meat and some konnyaku-like piece of chewy jelly. The soup is rich and sweet, warming up the stomach (and your heart)immediately. 



Ume Shiso Mille Feuille Tonkatsu

To add a little more oomph to your tonkatsu, you can grind some sea salt onto it. Instantly leveling up the flavour. I actually didn't like this all that much cuz I found the meat a little on the dry side. But the batter was definitely well done, very light and crispy. The ume flavour wasn't very strong though so I'm not entirely sure how it comes into play for this dish. 



Ebi Katsu

This is amazinggggg. The flavour is so complex and intricate, plus it's also more juicy than the Mille Feuille Tonkatsu. Although the outer layer is less crispy than the former, I find that I like the taste of this more. It is overall more pleasant and after salting it with the freshly ground sea salt, the overall complexity of the taste went up another notch. 



Veridct: 4/5







Tonkatsu by Ma Maison
333A Orchard Road
#02-35/36 Mandarin Gallery
Tel: +65 6733 4541
Mon to Fri: 11am–3pm, 5pm–10pm
Sat, Sun & PH: 11am–10pm


Labels: ,


Older Post | Newer Post

ABOUT ME


"The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating it." Hi! My name is Sarahh and I love to eat. Hop on to my blog for an exciting journey with me.

CONTACT


Email:dream-oracle@hotmail.com

Subscribe via RSS Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to Flickr Facebook Subscribe to Tumblr

Subscribe via Email

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Curiouser and Curiouser ?

ADS

The Besty

Search

Archives

Copyright

Creative Commons License
All work on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.