<data:blog.pageTitle/> <data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/>
Home
Gyoza Ya



I've been nursing a craving for gyoza. 
More specifically, the gyozas I had in Bangkok. 
But since I'm not in Bangkok, I'll have to make do... 

So.. new gyoza place in town and there's not much of a crowd either. 
Fantastic. 
I abhor crowds. 

Plus, the minute I walked into this place, I was greeted by a resounding "いらしゃいませ!".
I feel so overwhelmed and happy that this is one place that has finally gotten their Japanese greeting right. 
A good start indeed. 




Ninniku Yaki Meshi - Garlic Fried Rice ($5.80)

Finally, garlic fried rice that really has the aroma of garlic. 
I like that there's lots of egg in this dish!! In case you haven't noticed, I really like eggs. A lot. 
And they used plenty of garlic for this dish. I know I know, it's called garlic fried rice, of course there's garlic! Well, you're wrong.. I've had garlic fried rice before..that has no garlic. Might as well just call that dish fried rice. -.-




Jya Jya Men ($6.50)

There's a very interesting way of eating this. 
First you pour some white vinegar and chilli oil over it, then when you're almost done, you cracked an onsen egg over it and get the waiter to pour stock over it. Then you proceed to add in a little but more miso. 

One dish but you eat it two ways. 
I actually find that their noodles are quite bland, so it's highly dependent on the sauces. But at the same time, I quite like the texture of the noodles, it's got a very nice bite to it. 




Yaki Gyoza Pork (4.80)

The gyozas were pan fried to a delightful golden brown, very cripsy indeed. But if you were hoping for some form of a succulent meat juice flooding your mouth, you're in for a disappointment. The pork wasn't dry, but this is definitely not your juicy gyoza. 



Yaki Gyoza Vegetable ($4.80)

I actually prefer the vegetable gyoza more, I find it overall more juicy because vegetables give off water when cooked! I just prefer the fragrance of it as compared to the pork counterpart. 



Verdict: 3/5

Although this is really quite good, I feel that it can't quite compare to the Teraoka Gyoza I had last year in Bangkok. That was just mind blowing awesome and absolutely unforgettable. In comparison, this was just.. satisfactory at best. Probably enough to satisfy a sudden attack of gyoza cravings, if you're not too picky. 










Gyoza-Ya
B1-02A Robinsons Orchard

260 Orchard Road 
Singapore 238855 (Somerset MRT)
Telephone: +65 6737 5581
Opening hours: 11.30am to 10pm Daily

Labels: ,


Older Post | Newer Post

ABOUT ME


"The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating it." Hi! My name is Sarahh and I love to eat. Hop on to my blog for an exciting journey with me.

CONTACT


Email:dream-oracle@hotmail.com

Subscribe via RSS Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to Flickr Facebook Subscribe to Tumblr

Subscribe via Email

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Curiouser and Curiouser ?

ADS

The Besty

Search

Archives

Copyright

Creative Commons License
All work on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.