<data:blog.pageTitle/> <data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/>
Home
Miam Miam: When French Meets Japanese



The entire Internet is raving about Miam Miam, this new artisanal French cafe serving up a variety of French inspired Japanese cuisine. Reminds me of Hoshino Coffee but I've heard better things in comparison about Miam Miam so I decide to give it a go.




Miam Miam Capellini ($15.80)

Served with sauteed with frankfurters, tomatoes, baby spinach, egg plant, bacon and a soft boiled egg. 




The first time I visited their Bugis Junction outlet and I tried their capellini. I'm not a fan of pasta, only because I find most places in Singapore screw up their pasta. But when a place serves up well done pasta, I am fondly reminded of why pasta is such a heartwarming plate of comfort food. The capellini is a very thin variety of Italian pasta, much like spaghetti, but thinner. I'm picky about my pasta, capellini appeals more to me than spaghetti, because it's thinner and so much more fun to slurp up. 

Miam Miam serves up a mean capellini, break the egg and mix it up with the pasta. Every bite tastes absolutely flavourful and silky smooth. It's not too salty and overall I just enjoy the light flavour of this dish. 



Riz Noir  ($16.50)
Squid Ink Back Rice & Omu Egg


My dinner companion had this stain-your-mouth-black dish of squid ink rice topped with fluffy omu egg!
Because it's cooked with squid ink and seafood, this dish might be a tad salty for some people. The rice is certainly flavourful, with fresh juicy pieces of prawn inside. 



Valrhona Chocolate Soufflé ($13.80)

We washed down all that yummy food with their famous souffle. 
There are 3 flavours available - Vanilla, Chocolate, Matcha

This decadent souffle has risen beautifully, though it would have looked more spectacular if it had risen just a few more inches taller. The aroma of chocolate was dizzying, that was all good it was. 
You can just tell from the fragrance of the chocolate that this is the good stuff. 
We weren't disappointed, the cake was moist and fluffy, and there was warm chocolate oozing out of the center of souffle. It was magical. 




The second time I visited Miam Miam, I went to their Westgate outlet. 


Riz Au Curry ($15.50)
Baked rice with homemade Japanese curry, pork frankfurters, broccoli, cheese and egg.

I wanted to order their Souffle Au Curry but sadly it wasn't available. So I went with this instead. 
It was supremely dense and bursting with strong flavours. My only gripe is that my egg looked a bit too well done, a little runnier would have been better. 


Famous French Toast ($9.80)

This was actually quite delightful. The pieces of toast were beautifully charred, and paired with the maple syrup, this will send you straight to dessert heaven. 





Chocolate Molleaux ($9.80)
 Sinful dark chocolate cake with a molten centre!

Mhmm, more chocolatey goodness to wash down all that yummy food. 
If you were hoping for some molten center, then you'll be disappointed. I think the souffle has more of a molten center instead. Nothing flowed out of this Molleaux, but the center was pretty dense I guess.
Eat this with the vanilla ice cream, the hot and cold combination is always a good way to end a hearty meal. 




Verdict: 4/5

Miam Miam is one of the few places that will entice me to return, because they serve up above average dishes. I will definitely go back one more time to try their Souffle Au Curry and probably their Matcha Souffle soon, that fluffy cloud of egg is just too enticing and impossible to ignore. 






Miam Miam @Bugis Junction (Outside BHG)
 #02-14 Bugis Junction 
200 Victoria Street Singapore 188021 
Tell: +65 6837 0301 

Miam Miam @ Westgate
#01-21/22 Westgate
3 Gateway Drive
Singapore 608532

Opening Hours
Mon-Fri
11.30am to 10pm

Sat-Sun
11.30am-10pm

Labels: ,


Older Post | Newer Post

ABOUT ME


"The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating it." Hi! My name is Sarahh and I love to eat. Hop on to my blog for an exciting journey with me.

CONTACT


Email:dream-oracle@hotmail.com

Subscribe via RSS Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to Flickr Facebook Subscribe to Tumblr

Subscribe via Email

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Curiouser and Curiouser ?

ADS

The Besty

Search

Archives

Copyright

Creative Commons License
All work on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.