<data:blog.pageTitle/> <data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/>
Home
Tim Ho Wan


Brunch is too mainstream. 
So we had lunchner instead - lunch + dinner. 

Met A for a long -awaited catch up session and we decided to brave the crazy queue at Tim Ho Wan. 
Fortunately, the queue wasn't too insane. We got in after 20 minutes. 

I can't say that Tim Ho Wan has a really extensive menu, but every item on it is pretty interesting. 
Might I add, their portions are huge. 
Yes, unlike other dim sum places that serve up dainty dim sum portions, they serve up hugeeee portions so take extra care while ordering if you don't want to end up all stuffed. 


BBQ PORK BUN

This is their legendary baked buns.
Plenty of fillings and the bun was really soft. But I can't say I'm a fan of BBQ buns so while it's really good, it's not one of my favourite. 



PRAWN DUMPLINGS / HAR KAU

This dish is always one of my must-order whenever we have dim sum. 
I love that the skin is very thin and the prawns are huge and juicy. 




PORK DUMPLINGS / SIEW MAI

This one is good, but not superb. 
I've tasted better ones. 





CARROT CAKE

Oh this one is awesome. 
I've never had such fantastic carrot cake before. I love the strips of radish, and variety of chopped ingredients buried within the carrot cake. Salty, fragrant and melt-in-your-mouth soft. 
The only gripe I have is that it's kinda oily. 




PORK CONGEE

The porridge is awesomeeeeee. 
The rice grains have all melted into this sticky mess of congee that captures my heart perfectly. 
I love the taste of the congee, very flavourful and the variety of eggs just made it perfect. 




CHICKEN FEET


I'm not a fan of chicken feet, but A forced me to try one.
I have to say, it's really quite alright, not as scary as I thought it would be. 
No claws for me though. 



PORK RIBS

Pork ribs are another must-order dish for me when having dim sum. 
I like that the pork ribs here are very meaty and nicely marinated. 
Definitely something that I will order again and again!




 OSMANTHUS CAKE

We washed down all that yummy goodness with some refreshing herbal jelly!
This would be the one dish that will really entice me to go back again! 
It's cold, chilling and very very refreshing. Definitely helps in clearing up the palate, and I really enjoyed the chrysanthemum and sweet wolfberries embedded within the jelly. It's really soft and crumbles upon touch, but it glides down your throat and provided instant relief.  



Verdict: 4/5

While it's not fantastically awesome, it does have a couple of dishes that's worthy to mention. 
Satisfying comfort food for the soul. 




Tim Ho Wan
#01-29A, Plaza Singapura
68 Orchard Road


Labels: ,


Older Post | Newer Post

ABOUT ME


"The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating it." Hi! My name is Sarahh and I love to eat. Hop on to my blog for an exciting journey with me.

CONTACT


Email:dream-oracle@hotmail.com

Subscribe via RSS Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to Flickr Facebook Subscribe to Tumblr

Subscribe via Email

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Curiouser and Curiouser ?

ADS

The Besty

Search

Archives

Copyright

Creative Commons License
All work on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.