<data:blog.pageTitle/> <data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/>
Home
Skyve: Elementary Bistro & Bar



A little weekend pick-me-up with a group of friends at a cosy little hideout. 




Oh my pretty ladies with pretty #brenoverlays flags over their heads. 
Now let's dig in! 



Skyve Sous Vide Eggs Benedict - $18
English Muffin | Sautéed Wild Mushrooms | Sweet Corn | Streaky Bacon | Hollandaise Sauce


Sous vide eggs are a specialty of Skyve, so I would say this dish is a must-try. 
I just opted for the scrambled eggs because I was craving for that. 
So yes, if you were wondering what exactly is sous vide, let me provide a simple explanation below. 

Sous vide is a method of cooking, and the word "sous vide" is French for "under vacuum". 
It means t cook food in a sealed airtight plastic bag in a water bath for a longer time than usual. The purpose of this is to regulate the temperature and keep it lower than normal cooking temps. 
The intention of this cooking method, is to cook the item evenly, and most importantly not to overcook the outside, thus making the food juicier. 




Skyving’ Breakfast - $22
2 eggs with choice of style: Overeasy | Sunny side up | Scrambled | Soft Poached
Choice of bread: Wholemeal | Sourdough | Brioche
Served with: Wild Mushroom Fricassee, English Pork Sausage, Confit of Cherry Tomatoes & Roasted Baby Potatoes

I stole a few forkfuls of potatoes and a portion of the sausage off this plate. 
The roasted baby potatoes were so flavourful and melt-in-your-mouth soft. 
AWESOME. 




Truffle Scrambled Eggs (V) - $18
Sourdough Bread | Truffle Scrambled Eggs 
| Grilled Baby Asparagus | Baked Portobello


Get a load of that hugeeeeee Portobello mushroom! 
Oh, Skyve, I really think you serve up the most unpretentious brunch ever. 
This is simple yet immensely satisfying. 
I must say, the scrambled eggs were really fluffy and well done. I couldn't really taste truffle, but that could just be me. (I didn't taste truffle when I ate truffle fries too =X)
In addition, I find that the portion of food  is also just right for me, I love it! 



Warm Chocolate Brownie
Bing Cherry Compote | Vanilla Ice Cream | Toasted Almond Flakes


This was a mehh for me. 
Cherry compote a little too sour for my liking, and the brownie wasn't fantastic. 




Verdict: 4/5

I like the ambience of this place, very chillax and very elegant. It's tucked away in a corner of our city, so there wasn't too much of a crowd. The food they served up are of decent quality, and I'm quite in love their menu too. 









Skyve Elementary Bistro & Bar
No.10 Winstedt Road
Block E, #01-17 
Open Daily: Monday to Sunday
(including Public Holidays)
10am to late

Reserve:+65 6225 6690
Office:+65 6737 1975
Fax:+65 6737 1976

Labels: , ,


Older Post | Newer Post

ABOUT ME


"The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating it." Hi! My name is Sarahh and I love to eat. Hop on to my blog for an exciting journey with me.

CONTACT


Email:dream-oracle@hotmail.com

Subscribe via RSS Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to Flickr Facebook Subscribe to Tumblr

Subscribe via Email

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Curiouser and Curiouser ?

ADS

The Besty

Search

Archives

Copyright

Creative Commons License
All work on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.