<data:blog.pageTitle/> <data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/>
Home
Travel Thailand: Ban Khun May




Wandered around a little, but it didn't take me too much effort to find the place. 
Also because I'm a smartie pants who included the Thai written version of the restaurant's name in my itinerary, so if I had trouble, I can ask the locals directly by showing them the picture. No need to crack my brains to pronounce it properly. Genius. 



I love the interior. Very rustic and Thai village-y.
Good thing we were early, the queue started soon after our food arrived.


Tom Yum Goong
This soup is fiery red, but don't be fooled by it's appearance. It's not as spicy as it looks. 
Having said that, you still shouldn't let your guard down and gulp it down like pepsi. This is afterall, tom yum soup! I really enjoy this soup because it has kick .It's a balance of sour and spicy, tickling your taste buds and whetting your appetite. Not to mention, there were generous portions of ingredients inside the soup. This is undoubtedly, one of the best Tom Yum Goong I have ever tasted. 



Pad Thai
Some people like their pad thai dry, while some prefer it wet. I belong to the latter, and I like my Pad Thai to be slightly wet. The Pad Thai here is amazing. Yes, it's slightly wet, the moisture helped retained the sweetness of the dish. Bring on the lime, the zesty vibe brings the fragrance of the dish to a whole new level.
 I love the fragrance and texture of the kuay teow, which were very thin and translucent. There were generous portions of ingredients in the dish, and they were all very fresh. 



Shrimp Cakes
We wanted to order the Pandan Chicken, which looked really appetizing, but sadly it's out of stock. This is an excuse to visit Bangkok again so I can savor the Pandan Chicken!!

We settled on the succulent looking Shrimp Cakes instead, and boy were we glad we made this choice. The Shrimp Cakes didn't disappoint at all. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, you can actually see and taste the prawns inside. The Shrimp Cakes were juicy, fresh and succulent. You can taste the sweetness of prawns within and it just reels you in. Enjoy it with a dab of the Thai sweet spicy sauce, and it's perfect. 



Verdict: 5/5

The single, most expensive meal of my entire Bangkok trip. The entire meal costed around 500THB, which is actually still dirt cheap if you converted it SGD. But yeah, mostly I ate at street side stalls and food courts so this is considerably more expensive.

But I have to say, this is worth every dollar of my hard earned money.
I will definitely be back. 







Ban Khun May Restaurant
458/6-9 Siam Square Soi 8, Rama 1 Road,
Patumwan District, Bangkok 10330







Labels: , ,


Older Post | Newer Post

ABOUT ME


"The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating it." Hi! My name is Sarahh and I love to eat. Hop on to my blog for an exciting journey with me.

CONTACT


Email:dream-oracle@hotmail.com

Subscribe via RSS Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to Flickr Facebook Subscribe to Tumblr

Subscribe via Email

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Curiouser and Curiouser ?

ADS

The Besty

Search

Archives

Copyright

Creative Commons License
All work on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.