<data:blog.pageTitle/> <data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/>
Home
Itacho Sushi: Quality Taste

Itacho is my new favourite sushi place, because of it's quality sushi at affordable prices. 
I've wrote an entry about it when I visited the Ion Orchard branch, and now I'm at the Plaza Singapura branch. Now you must be thinking, it's the same company, how can there be any difference?!

I am here to tell you, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. 
Just like how the Sakae Sushi at Wheelock tastes better than the branch at Northpoint, Itacho Sushi cannot escape the same fate. 

Now let's start the comparisons, and try some new dishes which I missed out last time!




SMOKED SALMON WITH BLACK PEPPER


Salmon slices were a little on the thin side at the Plaza Sing branch. 
Smoked flavour not as strong too. 
A teeny bit of a letdown, if I have to compare. 





Avocado and soft shell crab ROLLs


Whoo hooo love avocado! 
This is just as good as the one at Ion Orchard branch. 
Thumbs up! 





LObSTER AND mAngo SaLad roll 

Mango is a little small today hmm.. 

But taste wise, かんぺきです!




ROASTED SCALLOP WITH FLYING FISH 

I just wanna ask, why your scallop smaller todaay?! 
If your flying fish roe got any tinier, it's going to disappear into the stratosphere. 
I can barely taste them. 


Check out the picture of the same dish I had at the Ion Orchard branch a few months back. 


QUALITY CONTROL PLEASE! 
The difference is a little too big ah Itacho! 

So yes, the scallops were disappointing that day. Not gonna order them again. 





SOFT SHELL CRAB HAND ROLL

Sakae Sushi your softshell crab handroll fail already. 
This is 100x better. No offense. 
No fan fare and other distracting ingredients stuffed in to divert the customer's attention away from less than perfect rolls. 

The limelight is all on the softshell crab, which didn't disappoint. 
Deep-fried to a crisp outer texture but the insides are still very much juicy and flavourful. 
The seaweed is very crisp and it tastes quite good. 
The rice, needless to say, is very very yummy. Don't overlook the rice, because this is afterall sushi! Every grain is glistening white and it tastes mildly sweet. 



ROASTED EGG WITH SPICY SALMON

This is my new favourite. 

THIS IS WHAT I CALL,
 A REAL JAPANESE ROASTED EGG.


Thick, flavourful and juicy. This just screams I AM EGG EAT ME! 
The spicy salmon adds a zingggg to the overall flavour and it's just so addictive. 
Now I know why the Japanese love this dish and can gobble plates of it with their beer. 
It is really that delicious. 



SPICSALmOn WITH bEaNcurd

Pretty decent, but nothing extraordinary. Their spicy salmon is really good, as proven above in other dishes so there's guaranteed satisfaction! 


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Rating: 4/5




The branch at Plaza Singapura is really not as fantastic as the branch of Ion Orchard. 

Check out my other post HERE

The pictures were taken with my iPhone in the previous post whereas in this entry I brought along my camera to snap the shots. Sadly the quality of the sushi couldn't compare to Ion! 

I still love Itacho though, but I won't be visiting the Plaza Sing branch anymore!








68 Orchard Road, #02-35 
Plaza Singapura,Singapore 

Opening Hours:
Sun–Thu: 11am – 10pm 
Fri–Sat: 11am – 11pm




Labels: ,


Older Post | Newer Post

ABOUT ME


"The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating it." Hi! My name is Sarahh and I love to eat. Hop on to my blog for an exciting journey with me.

CONTACT


Email:dream-oracle@hotmail.com

Subscribe via RSS Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to Flickr Facebook Subscribe to Tumblr

Subscribe via Email

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Curiouser and Curiouser ?

ADS

The Besty

Search

Archives

Copyright

Creative Commons License
All work on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.