<data:blog.pageTitle/> <data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/>
Home
Awkward Situation #1: The Ultrasound Scan





Me: why do people like t show others their baby ultrasound scans? I don't even know how to react to seeing a black dot, or as technology has improved - a brown blob of potato-lookalike.
Mum: These people ding dong ah!? Isn't an ultrasound scan a private thing? Or at least it was in my time. 




HAHA. Precisely how I feel when people insist on stuffing their ultrasound scans in my face. 
It gets worse when they look at me expectantly, waiting for me to exclaim or yell in excitement.


Were you expecting a:

OMG THAT'S SO CUTE!!! CONGRATULATIONS! 

or

Wow this is so cool how many weeks now?

or

I'm so happy for you!!!  
or 


ALL OF THE ABOVE?!


 You wanna explain to me how a black dot or a brown blob is cute?

Cute is subjective. 

Some people think clowns are cute; whereas some find it frightful.

You might think a black dot is cute, but I beg to differ. 
You only find it cute cuz it's YOUR baby. You can feel it in your womb. That's love.
 But for the rest of us mere mortals?
 Nada. Zilch.

For that same reason, I have no idea how people can exclaim over the cuteness of a black dot when being cornered with a potential parent waving the ultrasound scan. You really think it's cute?!?! Congrats on your well-honed pre-developed motherly instincts. Maybe I'm heartless but, a black dot is not cute. Or maybe you were forced by circumstances to say that. 

As the saying goes, if you can't say anything nice then shut the hell up. 
So I did. 
It was the only polite thing I can do without seeming heartless. 



Then I get bombarded with:



WHY IS YOUR EXPRESSION SO WEIRD??


or


Well?? What do you have to say?


or


NOT CUTE MEH?
Whdidn't you exclaim or say something?!?

or 


ALL OF THE ABOVE. 



How do I tell you that I am NOT INTERESTED!? 
It's rude right, so I settled for a smile and the universally politically correct answer:


"Oh, I just don't really know how to look at an ultrasound scan." 


At this point some kind-hearted well-meaning person will want to start explaining the finer details of looking at an ultrasound scan to you. *face palm*
To which, I will find some reason to be momentarily engaged so I don't have to partake in any of this.

Why oh why do these people think the whole world feels the same as them about their unborn baby??
Don't they realize it's such an awkward social situation for the rest of the people? 
Or at least the heartless non-maternal type??



Image taken HERE



Once, when showed a 4D ultrasound scan, I did not realize it's an ultrasound scan. 

I thought it was a POLAROID SHOT.

That's how much of an idiot I am. 
But that's not the worst. 



I thought the brown blob in the picture was a potato.


Image taken HERE



 I was still wondering why this person decided to show me a polaroid shot of a potato.
So bewildered. 

Good thing I kept my thoughts to myself cuz a minute later said person announced it's his unborn baby. 


LUCKY I KEPT MY MOUTH SHUT.

Then I endured through the necessary niceties and took the first opportunity I had to be "momentarily engaged". This allows for other more interested parties to partake in the "festivities" of the situation. 

Sighs. 
Sometimes I just wish there were less socially awkward situations.

Life. 
Why you so difficult?!


Labels: ,


Older Post | Newer Post

ABOUT ME


"The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating it." Hi! My name is Sarahh and I love to eat. Hop on to my blog for an exciting journey with me.

CONTACT


Email:dream-oracle@hotmail.com

Subscribe via RSS Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to Flickr Facebook Subscribe to Tumblr

Subscribe via Email

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Curiouser and Curiouser ?

ADS

The Besty

Search

Archives

Copyright

Creative Commons License
All work on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.