<data:blog.pageTitle/> <data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/>
Home
Don't Invite Me To Your Wedding




I recently read this article in Straits Times about wedding invitations. 
Ever since I received my first ever wedding invitation last year, I've been feeling very strongly about this subject. More so when I read on and realized this reporter is pissed she wasn't invited to share the joy but to fill the seats instead. 


Let me consolidate my version of:
 Wedding Invites Pet Peeves 


1. Share the Joy, Not Fill The Seat

My very first wedding invitation was exactly as the reporter described - just to fill the seat. 
I wasn't given advanced notification and the person getting married is someone I don't know, so yes I don't really care about them at all. It is none of my business whether they're married or divorced. 




If I attended, it would be because of certain political reasons. But I didn't in the end, because I really couldn't bring myself to sit at some random person's wedding for 3 hours on a Sunday evening, surrounded by people I already see on weekdays. I need my rest. 

Honestly, weekends are a break for me. A break from seeing those people I have to see on weekdays. 
A wedding dinner on Sunday night and I don't even know who the hell you are? 
So sorry, I'll just give the bare minimum red packet amount because you are rude enough to give me the invitation right at the last minute. Hate the whole "received-invitation-must-give-red-packet" unspoken rule. 

Do everyone a favor, invite only those who truly care about the couple and save the rest of us some time, money and trouble. That way, you won't have excess seats waiting to be filled. 



2. New-Age Invitations

The most irritating things about new-age weddings now is the inappropriate use of social media for wedding invitations. 




Call me traditional, but I feel that if you want to invite someone to your wedding, the least you could do is print the damn invite and send it to me. So no, a Facebook event or a Whatsapp / Viber / Line invite is not socially acceptable. 


WHERE IS YOUR SINCERITY???


If you ever invite me to your wedding using the above methods, please be prepared that I will skip it. 
No sincerity at all!!!

There are people who use the Facebook event function as a gauge so they can estimate how many people are going, so they can print the appropriate number of invitations to mail out. This is perfectly reasonable. But if you think just by clicking the RSVP button on Facebook qualities as a legitimate wedding invitation, please wake up your idea.



3. Inaccurate Timings

Too often I have attended wedding dinners that state it starts at 7pm sharp, but the truth is often far from it. When it states 7pm, 80% of the guests turn up late. The actual time is ah hour plus later.
So minus all the wedding fanfare such as bride and groom making an entrance, you only get to eat at around 8.30 or 9pm.


DO YOU KNOW THAT IS WAY PAST THE APPROPRIATE DINNER TIME?! 





That is the time to start relaxing myself and drinking some warm milo, getting myself ready for bed. Not sitting down to a 10 course dinner that will end at 11pm.

When it says 7pm, please start the damn thing at 7pm.
If you're going to be late, you can jolly well be late. Nobody will wait for you. Eat whatever that's left.

In any case, nobody should be late anyway. It's impolite. 

Imagine it's your wedding, and your guests are late.
It really puts a damper on things, so guests should always strive to be punctual.  




And with that I conclude I rarely enjoy attending wedding dinners/lunch/solemnizations.

What about you, are there any wedding invitation pet peeves that you feel strongly about?
Please feel free to share them with me!
:)



Labels: ,


Older Post | Newer Post

ABOUT ME


"The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating it." Hi! My name is Sarahh and I love to eat. Hop on to my blog for an exciting journey with me.

CONTACT


Email:dream-oracle@hotmail.com

Subscribe via RSS Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to Flickr Facebook Subscribe to Tumblr

Subscribe via Email

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Curiouser and Curiouser ?

ADS

The Besty

Search

Archives

Copyright

Creative Commons License
All work on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.